1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

“Hercules” Jeep Gladiator Being Tested

Discussion in 'Jeep Gladiator News, Ordering, and Pricing' started by Nate4x4, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Nate4x4

Nate4x4 Well-Known Member

A High Performance Gladiator Truck Could Battle Ford's Raptor
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [​IMG]

Through our insider sources, our friends over at the Jeep Gladiator Forum have learned that FCA is in the midst of developing a high-performance off-roading Jeep Gladiator “Hercules” model to compete with the likes of the Ford Raptor.

We’ve confirmed that the vehicle is currently being evaluated for market viability so it has not been fully green-lighted just yet. As such, there have been no supplier contracts yet and prototypes are being built as one-offs for testing purposes.

Indeed, FCA’s public statements have hinted that this model is coming. Mark Allen, head of Jeep design, recently alluded to a future high speed off-roading Jeep in an interview from the LA Auto Show.

In the meantime we’ve rendered up our vision of what a high performance Hercules Gladiator could look like, giving the standard Gladiator Mopar beadlock wheels wrapped in larger tires, Mopar front skid plate, Mopar black grille, lift kit, steel front bumper, rock rails, ram air hood, larger fender vents and vented high fenders.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
    OlllllllO and NickGotExhaust like this.
  2. NickGotExhaust

NickGotExhaust Well-Known Member

WOW that is nice.

Nate4x4 likes this.
  3. NickGotExhaust

Wonder what the power plant would be? maybe that straight 6 turbo motor that is in development.

4. Nate4x4

I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Just look at the Challenger SRT Demon, and the 1000-hp Hellephant crate motor, it’s not beyond the realm of possibility that a super-Gladiator could be built.

This is coming into reality!

5. Shaggy

Shaggy Administrator Staff Member

How do they have insider info? He's just a forum owner and a pretty good vehicle rendering guy.

My guess it wont be out till the following year(if this is really insider info) as jeep really needs to see how sales will do with the gladiator itself. I doubt they will want to put the time and money into th research on a Hercules without even knowing how well the gladiator will do.

6. MADDOG

MADDOG Active Member

If they use the right powertrain, that won't be competition for the Raptor...it will be a beat down!

7. Shaggy

Shaggy Administrator Staff Member

They will probably be much lighter then the Raptors and more nimble when it comes to trails. So I wouldn't doubt they could put a little scare into ford's share of the performance off road market.

8. NickGotExhaust

If anyone can top the Raptor I would say it would be a Jeep Wrangler/Gladiator. Just look how capable they are stock off road. Of course that is more in crawl conditions but they know how to build a capable vehicle off road and what enthusiast want. I think the Gladiator could make a great platform to make a high speed off roader

Nate4x4 likes this.
  9. Nate4x4

Jeep has been making off-roading vehicles for centuries. I believe they have a good chance against the Raptor.

10. Ram-In-PA

Ram-In-PA Member

Not seeing it myself. There really has never been a performance oriented (offroad) Jeep. Sure, you can go WAY back to the old CJ platform that has some versions equipped with the 304, but really those weren't performance models. You can maybe even stretch to the ZJ 5.9L and later SRT WK models, but those had little in offroad performance over other models, just more street cred.

Sure there is the Rubicon package, but that is a slow crawl based upgrade - not way it would compete with a Raptor (or even a ZR2). The entire body-on-frame, solid axle design is really limited these days to only sufficing for a crawler. Jeep needs to look at the rigs built for Ulta4 or King of the Hammers to see where the new JL/JT needs to go to become a real performance offroad rig that will beat down the Raptor.